Psalm 119:162, “I am as happy over your promises as if I had found a great treasure.”
There's a story of a man who had a dream one night. He was walking through the wilderness and came to a dry streambed. As he was crossing over the dry ground, he heard a voice from the woods speaking to him. It said reach down and pick up some stones and put them in your pocket. Tomorrow you will be both happy and sad. Obeying the voice, he reached down and put a handful of stones in his pocket. As the sun came up, he pulled the stones out of his pocket and discovered they were jewels, and he was happy he obeyed the voice and had put some in his pocket. Yet he was sad he did not put more in his pocket.
We don't have to pick up gems from a stream bed in a dream to have treasures. We have been given a treasure to us that we can freely glean from daily. Psalm 12:6 says, “The Lord’s words are pure, like silver purified by fire, like silver purified seven times over.”
Proverbs 3:13-15, “Happy is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gets understanding. Wisdom is worth more than silver; it brings more profit than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you could want is equal to it.”
The Word of God is a treasure, and we can find so many gems hidden through the pages when we just take the time to read the Bible. Our success does not come just from reading God's Word and our relationship with Jesus is not just from reading the scriptures. Yet to have those successes and a relationship with Jesus, it starts by building the foundation in the Word of God.
As I get older, I've come to appreciate the Bible more than when I was a youth. I am learning so much more when I take the time to read through the pages and have found many treasures to store in my heart about Jesus and what He wants me to learn.
Here are a handful of treasures or promises the Bible offers:
- If you're lost and want to be saved, salvation comes from the Bible and finding Jesus. Ephesians 1:3-14.
- Reading the Bible transforms your heart and life. Romans 12:2
- The Bible helps us know the truth. Psalm 25:5
- The Bible helps us find purpose, where we came from, where we're going, and what our future is. Isaiah 48:17
- We need the Bible for cleansing. Titus 3:5
- The Bible helps with assurance to face satan and this world. Romans 8:31
- The Bible gives us hope. Psalm 119:114
Are you still inspired by reading the Bible or has it just become another habit or routine? When you read scripture do you feel it a bit stale or as something you've read over and over? Is it just too consuming of your already busy schedule? Have you lost the joy you had when you first read through the pages?
Maybe it's time to find that joy again with a fresh perspective. If you want to know Jesus and have a relationship with Him the answer is simple, spend time in the Word. Here are a few new tools to get you started.
- Try a different version- I like New Century Version myself. Check some out but always go back to the New King James Version or King James Version, if anything sounds off of what you know.
- Start small- Short simple versus and grow from there.
- Read go to stories- Stories you learned as a child, Esther, Noah, Daniel, Creation. From there move on to other stories.
- Use study tools- Google is great for looking up specific verses and helps in comparing verses. You can also find many religious study guides that take you through the books of the Bible or specific topics.
- Use companions- Bible study groups or your spouse, children, or friends.
- Share with others- Sharing helps you remember what you've learned, and you can get new ideas from others.
- Above all pray- Before, throughout, and after. Ask the Holy Spirit to come into your heart and mind to direct your thoughts and understanding.
Bottom line, when we have hidden God's Word in our hearts, we truly have found a treasure, but we must take the time in the Word and pick up more than just a few stones to put in our pocket. Renew and refresh your Bible reading today and begin letting Jesus into your heart showing you treasures throughout His Word.
Let's continue our study with 1 Thessalonians 2:1-16- https://www.docdroid.net/gRieCBP/study-2-docx
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, email@example.com or our FaceBook page.