Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
I love our opening verse. God calls us His masterpiece. When you look up other words for masterpiece you find words like gem, treasure, a jewel, or my favorite, a piece of the master. For a moment look at the opening verse and replace the word masterpiece with any of these. It's awesome when you know there is someone who feels this way about you. Not only are we God’s masterpiece but John 15:15 tells us that God calls us his friends. To God we are special and there is no greater feeling than knowing we are loved, special and accepted by others. If you ever feel down or question your importance in life, remember that no matter what the world thinks God has some great things to say about you and who you are.
1. You are unique -Psalm 139:14 “I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.”; Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Think about how your body works. So many integral parts that all need to work together to function. We are the only part of creation that was made to work the way we do. Not only that, but we were also created and appointed by God to work as ambassadors for Him to show His greatness to others.
2. You are special -Genesis 1:26 “6 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image and likeness. And let them rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the tame animals, over all the earth, and over all the small crawling animals on the earth.”
Can't argue much more with this. We are made in God's image. God chose us to be like him. Not the animals, not the birds or fish. He created us to be like Him. No matter how many times we fall, He still wants us in His life.
3. You are lovely -Daniel 12:3 “The wise people will shine like the brightness of the sky. Those who teach others to live right will shine like stars forever and ever.”
Stars are beautiful. So many, so perfectly placed. On a clear night, the sky shines with the beauty of the stars. We are told we are just as lovely and with Jesus in our life we can shine like the night sky.
4. You are precious -Isaiah 43:1-2; 1 John 3:1a “The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God. And we really are his children.”
We are God's children, and He will take care of us because to Him we are as precious as something we would see as priceless. Like we adore our own children and wouldn't trade them for the world, that is how precious we are to God.
5. You are loved -Jeremiah 31:3 “And from far away the Lord appeared to his people and said, I love you people with a love that will last forever. That is why I have continued showing you kindness.”; Isaiah 49:16 “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”
No matter how much time passes God tells us His love is everlasting. No matter how many times we fall God says His love is unfailing. His love is so deep for us that Jesus tells us our names are engraved on His palms, never to be erased, His love for us is permanent, here to stay.
6. You are chosen -John 15:16 “You did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name.”; 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen people, royal priests, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession. You were chosen to tell about the wonderful acts of God, who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”
What a promise. We were chosen by God. He made us His and He wants us in His life. We aren't perfect, we have many flaws, and we are all born sinners, yet God still chose us. From the first fall of man, He didn't give up, He decided that despite our mistakes He wants us in His life.
As you go through your days always remember these promises and know God loves you and even if you aren’t quite accepted in this world you are accepted in God’s life and heart. He is here with you and wants to be your friend because you are His masterpiece.
We have reached the end of our Blue Jean Faith through James study. Today we are going to read the last lesson with James 5:13-20. I hope you have found time to read along with us and you have learned a few new things or maybe some new things altogether. I myself fell in love with the book of James after this study the first time and I still enjoy reading through James. I will leave the link to today's lesson and a link where all the lessons are found if you want to review or print them all up for a group study or to study again. I pray you were blessed and God gives you many more blessings.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, firstname.lastname@example.org or our FaceBook page.