Lesson’s from the Sun
Isaiah 60:1 “Jerusalem, get up and shine, because your light has come, and the glory of the Lord shines on you.”
I love sunshine, especially on those warm summer days. Sunshine makes my days brighter and happier. When I see the sun, I know my day will be warmer too (I’m a very cold blooded person). Sunshine is also incredibly good for the body, providing much needed Vitamin D. I love waking up to the sun versus dreary cloudy days and I feel so much more can be accomplished. Did you know that there can be some wonderful lessons we can learn from the sun?
- Keep it light -Matthew 5:16 “In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and will praise your Father in heaven.”
---Jesus calls us the light of the world. Meaning we should share the love of Jesus, shine His Word through our words and actions. Let Jesus shine out from our lives, tell others of the good that He does in our lives. Like the sun lights the world, we can share Jesus’ light to the world.
- Rise to the occasion -Acts 1:8 “But when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you will receive power. You will be my witnesses—in Jerusalem, in all of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.”
---When we choose Jesus, He sends us the Holy Spirit to live within us and help us. The Holy Spirit helps us do what God has asked, ‘Go into the world and preach’. Like the sun rises each day to shine as it was commanded, we need to step up and teach others about Jesus.
- Look on the Brightside -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Always be joyful. Pray continually and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus.”
---We can either look at the glass half empty or half full. But Thessalonians tells us to give thanks always, this is what God wants for us. And there are so many things that could be worse in every situation we face. But we have a God who gives us what we ask and takes care of our daily needs. Like the sun, let’s look on the bright side and find the silver lining through the dark clouds.
- Set your sights high -Colossians 3:1-2 “Since you were raised from the dead with Christ, aim at what is in heaven, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Think only about the things in heaven, not the things on earth.”
---Jesus sits on the throne in heaven next to God so why should we be looking around this earth. We should always be looking higher and living a life walking with Jesus and serving Him. Rise high over the troubles of this world for heaven in our home.
- Renew your energy -1 Chronicles 16:11 “Depend on the Lord and his strength; always go to him for help.
--- Jesus had to go to the mountains alone to recharge by communing with God. He always gained the strength to keep going after those times. The sun brings renewed energy each day after a restful night’s sleep. In those quiet times we too can renew our strength to keep doing the Lord’s will through prayer, by giving our stress to Him, by letting Him lead.
- Keep a sunny disposition -Psalm 144:15 “Happy are those who are like this; happy are the people whose God is the Lord.
---Even when there are clouds are in the way or storms are on the horizon, the sun stays bright all day keeping its position despite what’s in the way. When we choose Jesus and see the blessings, it’s easy to let our joy overflow. When we trust Jesus to take care of our lives, He will shine through no matter what trials get in the way. Keep smiling, keep trusting and have faith as Jesus lives in your life.
- Be brilliant -Colossians 4:5 “Be wise in the way you act with people who are not believers, making the most of every opportunity.” Matthew 7:24 “Everyone who hears my words and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock.”
---Wise and foolish, there are both sides living in us. Yes, we may make a few foolish choices now and again but when we let the Lord lead, our choices become wiser. When we teach the love of Jesus wisely others will come to know who He is through us. Like the sun shines bold and bright each day we can face others with the same boldness of truth because God is on our side. Let’s be brilliant each day and build on the Rock of Jesus.
Each day you wake up and see the sun think of these lessons and apply them to your life and God’s Word to your heart. Just like the sun we are God’s handiwork and sharing Him to the world is our mission as the sun shares its light. Enjoy your Vitamin D today.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, firstname.lastname@example.org or our FaceBook page.