Proverbs 16:20 “Whoever listens to what is taught will succeed, and whoever trusts the Lord will be happy.”
One of my favorite things to watch blossom in the spring is the Cherry Blossom. It starts out as small beautiful shades of dark pink buds and then blossoms into a beautiful tree flowered with light pink flowers. It doesn't take long to lose its bloom but if you catch it just right, you'll be introduced to a beautiful tree.
Nature is a wonderful testament of God and creation. He has put so much detail in each animal, each plant and each flower. When we stop and look closely enough, we can learn some of life's simplest lessons. Let's start with the cherry blossom.
- Celebrate life's beauty - Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us that God has made everything beautiful in its time. Job 12:7 tells us that we can learn of life's beauty through the animals, the birds of the heavens, the bushes, and the fish. All God's creation celebrates life. My favorite is thinking about green pastures and still waters that can restore my soul. Why not celebrate life in the beauty God has created? Psalm 98:4-make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth, break forth into joyous song and sing praises.
- Show your true colors. A Cherry Blossom blooms bright and full, never afraid to show how God created them. No matter your flaws, those blemishes, the pear-shaped body. Let your true self shine through because in Psalm 139 :13-14 “You made my whole being, you formed me in my mother’s body. I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.” Let the world see how beautiful and special you are because you are a child of the King.
- Blossom in your own time. Like I said if you miss the blossoms they don't stay around for long. They have their time to shine, when God created them to, not when other trees and flowers are blooming. You two need to blossom in God's time not when others are. It's your walk with God and he knows when you're ready. Take your time don't be in a hurry and you will shine even more brightly. Ecclesiastes 3:1 “There is a time for everything and everything on earth has a special time.”
- Share your gift with others. What good are you if you hide your light under a bushel. Like the Cherry Blossom, share what God has given you. We all have spiritual gifts to help spread Jesus to the world or around us, let's be like a city on a hill and share. 1 Peter 4:10-11 “Each of you has received a gift to use to serve others. Be good servants of God's various gifts of grace. Anyone who speaks should speak words from God. Anyone who serves should serve with the strength God gives so that in everything God will be praised through Jesus Christ. Power and glory belong to him forever and ever. Amen.”
- Remember your roots. A Cherry Blossom stays every year in the same place it's planted because each year its roots run deeper and deeper. When we plant our lives in Jesus and continue to read scripture and pray, we are digging our roots deeper in Jesus. And when temptation comes our way we won't be swayed because we know where our roots lie. Ephesians 2:10 “God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing.” Colossians 2:7 “Keep your roots deep in him and have your lives built on him. Be strong in the faith, just as you were taught, and always be thankful.”
- Welcome each new day. Like a Cherry Blossom, each day brings them closer to their fullest bloom. Watching each day as they grow can be exciting. We should always welcome each new day with anticipation of what God has planned. See each new day as a fresh start to being awesome. Lamentations 3:22-24 “The Lord’s love never ends; his mercies never stop. They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great. I say to myself, “The Lord is mine, so I hope in him.”
- Spring forth with joy! Psalm 96:11-13a “Let the skies rejoice and the earth be glad; let the sea and everything in it shout. Let the fields and everything in them rejoice. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy before the Lord, because he is coming.” A Cherry Blossom when in full bloom is a joy to see. I have a tree outside my house and each year I look forward to the beautiful pink display of God's handiwork in creation. In the spring the Cherry Blossom literally springs forth with joy. Each day, we too should praise the Lord with joy for all he does for us. We should have a spring in our step as we share with others God's greatness, goodness, and power.
Today, learn from the cherry blossom and praise God for being so good to you and your loved ones. Blossom where you are and let your color shine through you. Remember, God is good all the time and all the time God is good.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, firstname.lastname@example.org or our FaceBook page.