Like an Eagle
Psalm 103:1-5 “All that I am, praise the Lord everything in me, praise his holy name. My whole being, praise the Lord and do not forget all his kindnesses. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He saves my life from the grave and loads me with love and mercy. He satisfies me with good things and makes me young again, like the eagle.
Have you ever said, “Oh to be that young again,” When you come across younger adults or teenagers, even little kids? They have an energy that seems to last forever. As I get older, I find myself feeling my age in my joints (mornings are the worst). I tire out a lot earlier (no more all nighters for me), and I wonder where others get their energy from. When I watch little kids again I marvel at the amount of energy they have. Then of course there are endless products that can make us look and feel younger if we want them.
The thing is, we don't need products to look and feel younger. We don't even need to be young again to find strength and vigor again. God has given us a simple formula in Isaiah 40:30-31, “the youth grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumbled badly. Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will Mount up with wings like Eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk in not become weary.”
Have you ever watched an eagle fly through the skies? I can see how God uses them as an example to feeling young.
· Eagles fly high above the world.
· Eagles never tire because they let the wind carry them. (Watch them, they rarely flap their wings)
· Eagles have the “big picture” view from their height.
God wants you and me to live the same way.
· In all our circumstances we need to rise above them. Rising above keeps us from getting entangled in the things of the world. Isaiah 26:3 says, “you keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you (God) because he trusts in you God.” Things will happen; you will face trials, heartache, changes in circumstances but when you keep your mind on Jesus, He will give you peace to rise above.
· You want to feel young again let God be your strength. God wants us to live by His strength not our own. He even has told us to let Him carry us, use His wind as we glide along. Psalms 55:22, “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
· Like eagles, when we let God into our lives, we can trust Him to see the “big picture” view. After all, He is in heaven and can see our beginnings to our ends. God wants us to view life as He does which requires rising above and having hope. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, “So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day. We have small troubles for a while now, but they are helping us gain an eternal glory that is much greater than the troubles. We set our eyes not on what we see but on what we cannot see. What we see will last only a short time, but what we cannot see will last forever.” All we need to do is wait on the Lord. When we’re patient, trust, rely on hope and Jesus we will find all the energy and strength to enjoy life to the fullest and will find energy beyond any product sold. Let's take a lesson out of scripture and be like eagles today.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, email@example.com or our FaceBook page.