“Those who love your teachings will find true peace, and nothing will defeat them.” -Psalm 119:165
Driving, especially in bad weather, having to go to work, having to speak in front of people, having to be social at family gatherings or church functions. This and many more things can give us a feeling of knots in our stomach or wanting to stay home and not face the world, and it’s hard to find peace. It’s hard not to get stressed by little things. Then, of course, the stress can lead to lack of sleep, irritability and so forth.
One way to find the peace you’re looking for is to read the Bible. God inspired its writers to pen words that can bring peace to the soul, comfort the anxiety, and feel an everlasting feeling of love from Jesus. When we learn scripture and live by its teachings, our bodies and minds can find a new outlook in life. When we put Jesus in our hearts, we can face the challenges ahead of us when we have anxiety over things.
Take some quiet times each day to read God’s Word. Go out in nature and let God speak to you through the birds or waters of the lakes and rivers. God will rid you of your anxiety and bring you the peace you are looking for.
There are 7 principals we can put into action in our lives that can help us find the peace we need in this crazy, hectic, world, daily.
1. Have Faith- The first principal of peace we need is to have faith. First, in hard times, in good times, at all times we need to trust in Jesus. Have faith He is taking care of you.
2. Show Compassion- Either through prayer or physically showing compassion. Our burdens become lighter because we are taking the focus off our own problems and helping someone else. Peace can begin when we put the “me first” spirit aside and realize there are people out there who need help, encouragement, to find God themselves.
3. Forgive- As hard as it is, we need to find a way to forgive, even if it’s in our hearts only, that is the only way we will find peace. Good and bad we are all still children of God and He loves us all. Find forgiveness today.
4. Seek Forgiveness- We serve a God of Peace and to have peace there needs to be some kind of harmony between one another if we are to be like Jesus. Your focus should be on your heart being right with God, even if it means eating some humble pie and asking for forgiveness.
5. Be Grateful- Scripture is full of passages that help us recognize the blessings in our lives and give us thankful hearts. Peace can begin when we begin to be grateful for what we have in our lives.
6. Study God’s Word- When we study God’s word we can be filled with hope and encouragement. Find comfort and joy and learn to be like Christ, the field of studies all Christians want to walk in. Become a scholar for Jesus and find peace from the Prince of Peace.
7. Pray Always- There is nothing more comforting or reassuring than answered prayers. Hebrews tells us to go before God’s throne and we will find help where we need it. It simply means you are keeping an open communication with God, talking to Him as you would a friend throughout the day. It means that you have faith that God can provide miracles and help in small and big matters.
In Jesus we can always find the peace we need and it’s through scripture we can gain the hope and encouragement for that peace. Lean on Jesus today, pray to Him always and let Him fill you with peace because He is our Prince of Peace.
P- Praise the Lord! Thank the Lord because he is good. His love continues forever-
E- Praise the Lord our God, and worship at the Temple, his footstool. He is holy- Psalm 99:5
A-The Lord answered, “I myself will go with you, and I will give you victory.”- Exodus 33:14
C- Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you- Psalm 37:5
E- Every word of God is true. He guards those who come to him for safety- Proverbs 30:5
We should read and study the Bible because it is God’s Word to us. The Bible is literally "God-breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16). In other words, it is God’s very words to us. The Bible equips us to serve God (2 Timothy 3:17; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12). It helps us know how to be saved from our sin and its ultimate consequence (2 Timothy 3:15). Meditating on God’s Word and obeying its teachings will bring success in life (Joshua 1:8; James 1:25). God’s Word helps us see sin in our lives and helps us get rid of it (Psalm 119:9, 11). It gives us guidance in life, making us wiser than our teachers (Psalm 32:8, 119:99; Proverbs 1:6). The Bible keeps us from wasting years of our lives on that which does not matter and will not last (Matthew 7:24-27).- this is taken from qotquestions.org
Let's continue our study with 1 Timothy 5:1-6:2.
Study 6, 1 Timothy 5:1-6:2- https://www.docdroid.net/LXlbTaJ/study-6-docx
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, firstname.lastname@example.org or our FaceBook page.