John 15:4-5, 7, “ Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing…. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
A computer user calls and IT tech complaining that her computer won't turn on. The tech asks her to check all the cords to make sure they are secure in both the back of her computer and the outlet. She tells the tech that she did all of that and still her computer won't power up. The tech goes to her classroom and looks at all the cords. He found that even though the computer was plugged securely in the power strip, the power strip was not plugged into the wall.
How many electrical devices and appliances do you use in your home? You could try to count, but probably find there are too many. We truly have become dependent on electricity, haven't we?
Yet to get things to work electrically it requires an action on our part. The electricity may flow through the wires in our home but if we do not plug into the power source, we will not reap the benefits.
See, we can be hooked up all the right ways. We are kind and generous. We don't cheat, lie, or steal. We go to church and even know verses in the Bible. If we are living and doing it all right does that mean, we have the power we need in our life? James 2:19 says, “You believe there is one God. Good! But the demons believe that too, and they tremble with fear.”
Satan knows scripture too. Satan used the words of the Bible to try to deceive Jesus and he walks around like a wolf in sheep’s clothing doing his best to deceive you and he will succeed if you're not plugged into the Source of Power.
You can do all the right things, have everything connected right but if you forget to plug into the Bible, like the lady, you will not have God's power helping you through life. It's that simple, the Word of God will not benefit you unless you tap into its power. We tap into the Word of God by reading, studying, meditating, praying and obeying God's Word.
So, how can we plug into God our power source?
- Through the Holy Spirit- Acts 1:18. When we choose Jesus He gives us the Holy Spirit to live in us. What a great power to have in our hearts.
- Through faith- Hebrews 11:1. We need to believe without a doubt God will provide all we need and guide us through the storms of life. When we plug into faith and accept, we are joint heirs with our Savior, we now have access to God's power.
- Through prayer- Philippians 4:6-7. We have been given the opportunity to talk with our Creator 24/7. We can have our special prayer time and place, but Philippians 4:6 also adds ‘in all we do’ pray. Prayer connects us to God, our power source, and when we are communicating with Him, we are at our best.
- Through praise and worship- Psalm 96:2. Paul and Silas found a way to sing praises while in prison and were freed by God's doing. Psalm 22:3 tells us God lives in the praises of His people. Sing praises and let the music bring you closer to Jesus.
- Through love- 2 Timothy 1:7. “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love” -1 John 4:8. God's power that created this world and you and me is love. 1 Corinthians 13 Tells us we are nothing without love. God’s love is the most powerful source to plug into.
“Whenever life and this world try to beat you down, remember that God's power is your power- PLUG INTO THE POWER OF GOD!” -Dr. Sam Smith
So, stay plugged into God's word daily.
I hope you have been able to join me as we have been reading through the Bible. When we open up God's Word and spend time with Him there is no better connection to the greatest power source. Let's continue our study as we read Hebrews 6:9-20.
Study 9, Hebrews 6:9-20- https://www.docdroid.net/Jk0hqyy/study-9-docx
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, email@example.com or our FaceBook page.