“I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world.”
Sometimes prayers are easy to say and we have a lot on our minds and other times we feel at a loss for words. In those times it's nice to have ideas on hand to help guide us. I learned many acronyms that help us learn ways to pray. Today let's look at the HEARTS Prayer Guide.
H- Pray that our Hearts will be softened to receive a word from God.
Ezekiel 36:26; Luke 8:8 & 15
- When our hearts are hardened by hurt, anger, confusion, it's hard to hear what God is teaching or showing us. To begin we need to pray our hearts will be softened and open to hear God speaking.
E- Pray that our spiritual Eyes and Ears will be open to receive and apply the truth God speaks.
Acts 26:18; Matthew 13:15
- When we open our ears to hear what God is saying and our eyes to see the truth, we can turn from our sins, find forgiveness, and be LED away from Satan. But we can't be stubborn wanting only our way. We must listen; we must see what God is saying.
A- Pray that our Attitude will be adjusted to see sin as God sees sin.
Luke 15:7; James 2:10
- It's easy to have an attitude of ‘I did nothing wrong’ because we are human. To accept correction is hard and so when we pray, we should pray God helps us see our sins, our mistakes, so we can receive the forgiveness Jesus wants to give.
R- Pray for life's to be Released from strongholds, footholds, and snares of the enemy.
2 Corinthians 10:3-4; 2 Timothy 2:25-26
- The devil is prowling around like a lion to destroy our lives in Jesus. He will use every weapon of our desires to pull us to the world. He will use our feelings and weaknesses against us. We need to pray daily that God will keep us stay strong and not fall.
T- Prayer for our lives to be Transformed to live as true disciples of Christ.
John 8:31-32; 1 John 2:3-6
- When we open our hearts to Jesus there is a wonderful transformation that takes place. We become friends of Jesus and He shares truths and promises with us and we have the promise of Salvation. We are clothed in God's love, mercy, protection and so much more. Pray that you will be open to hear Jesus, allow Jesus into your heart and let the transformation begin.
S- Pray that we would Stand united: one as the body of Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:10; Colossians 3:13-14; John 17:23
- Jesus says where two or three are gathered together His presence is with them. Also, three together are stronger than one. United with other Christians all believing in Jesus helps us grow stronger and we are able to stand against the devil easier. Our prayer should be that we find fellowship among believers and strength when we need to face this world.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, firstname.lastname@example.org or our FaceBook page.