Times of Crisis
Isaiah 41:13 "I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I will help you."
Aside from the health crisis this world is going through we all face our own crisis’s in life. We could be battling a health problem or have a loved one who is sick. We could be facing loss of any kind. Many of us will face things when dealing with our kids as they begin to grow into those teenage years and then transition into adults. There's financial crisis’s, home crisis’s and other things. in those moments we could feel we're in a time of crisis. The definition of crisis is a time of difficulty, trouble or danger. A time when a difficult or important decision has to be made. So, never feel your trouble can't fit under the umbrella of a crisis. If you feel you are struggling any type of battle, you can say you're facing a crisis.
I bring this up because when we choose Jesus in our lives, no matter big or small of a crisis, there our promises from God that we can count on to help us through those times.
1. He is working all out for good -Romans 8:28 “We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people he called, because that was his plan.”
-God is still with us and He is in the process of working out all things for good. We might be learning a lesson or needing to go through it as God refines us. It could simply be because of the sinful world we live in. No matter what, believe God is working it out, hang in there.
2. He will complete His work -Philippians 1:6 “God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure He will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.”
-We are God's creation, His crowning glory. God started a good work in you and even while you're struggling, He's using the time to refine you for heaven. He will never be finished with any of us until He comes again to make us complete with him at Salvation.
3. He carries us -Psalm 68:19 “Praise the Lord, God our Savior, who helps us every day.”
-Oh, what a promise. We're never alone, God promises to help us through each trial or crisis by being willing to carry the burden for us. He is willing to go step further and wrap His arms around us to comfort and help us through the hard times.
4. He strengthens us -Isaiah 40:31 “But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest; they will walk and not become tired.”
-At our weakest God will lift us up and give us the strength we need to get through. We can take a deep breath and know we can get to the other side because God's got this!
5. His grace is sufficient for us -2 Thessalonians 2:16 “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. God loved us, and through his grace he gave us a good hope and encouragement that continues forever.”
-God's grace can be our comfort and strength to carry us through. He won't leave us to battle alone because He loves us so much and wants to help us through.
6. His goodness is satisfying -Jeremiah 31:14 “The priests will have more than enough sacrifices, and my people will be filled with the good things I give them!” says the Lord.”
-We will get through anything and even if we don't see ‘why’ when we're going through things. When we come to the other side we’ll be satisfied because we will see how God was with us and we will see His goodness.
7. He will not allow you to be tempted beyond your ability – 1 Corinthians 10:13 “The only temptation that has come to you is that which everyone has. But you can trust God, who will not permit you to be tempted more than you can stand. But when you are tempted, he will also give you a way to escape so that you will be able to stand it.”
-Even if you think you can handle no more, find hope that God knows you can, and He knows how strong you really are. Remember He promises to give you the strength and He will not give you more than you can handle. The best part of this promise is that He will always provide a way through. He marked the bumpy path and a light at the end of the forest will come.
8. He gives us rest -Matthew 11:28-30 “28 “Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. 29 Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. 30 The burden that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light.”
-Perhaps the best promise of all when we go through a crisis. God will give us rest. give your burdens to Him, your broken heart, your sickness, all that is distressing you in find rest. Rest in the loving arms of Jesus.
Crisis’s will come in all shapes and sizes. Whether walking with God or following this world none of us are exempt. But those who have found Jesus and placed Him in their hearts will find a peace and comfort far beyond what the world gives. Simply believe and have hope because, God's got this.
If you have found yourself in a crisis mode turn to Jesus and allow Him to help pull you through it. Lean on Jesus, talk to Jesus and allow him to fulfill all he has promised in scripture. Remember God is good all the time and all the time God is good.
I hope you have been finding time to do some extra Bible studies and have been enjoying our Blue Jean Faith Study through James. Today we will be reading James 5:1-12. As always the link is below and it's never to late to join us.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, firstname.lastname@example.org or our FaceBook page.