“So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” -Matthew 17:20
What is Faith?
Faith is one of the central parts of our relationship with God. Faith in God is tested daily. We see terrible news stories, we face personal troubles, friends and family struggles. Yet the more we live by faith, the better our walk becomes by trusting God and His ultimate plan for each of us.
1. Faith is the belief in the existence of God and His unseen kingdom. -Hebrews 11 is called the faith chapter where we can learn of all those before us and how they lived their faith but let’s focus on verse one: “Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.”
HOPE: We can look forward to a world beyond this one where we will live in peace with God forever.
ACTION: If we truly believe there is more in life than what can be seen, our faith will drive our values and actions to align with our belief.
2. Faith is belief that the world and everything in it is part of God’s plan and under His control. -John 1:3 “All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him.”
MEANING TO LIFE: We know that everything that happens to us is for a purpose and is part of a greater plan.
POWER: Even the smallest amount of faith can change our lives and help us through times of trouble.
3. Faith is belief in the Bible as the objective Word of God. -Psalm 33:4, 119:105;
Romans 10:17; Colossians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 2:13
GUIDANCE: The Bible provides guidance for living every day by faith.
APPROVAL: God is pleased when we grow in our faith and knowledge of Him by reading the Bible.
Where have you placed your faith today?
Living Authentic Faith:
A wise man once said, “Faith is a living bold trust in God’s grace.”
There are many definitions of faith, but it can be boiled down to one sentence. Faith is God’s work in us that changes us. Faith changes our hearts, our spirits and our thoughts and brings the Holy Spirit with it. Faith is a living, creative, active, and powerful thing. Because we have faith we freely, willingly, and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things and love and praise God. To live faith, you must guard yourself from your own false ideas and against good for nothing gossips. Ask God to work faith in you. -An introduction to Paul’s letters to Romans by Martin Luther.
Below are five ways we all can live authentic faith:
1. Take up your cross -Follow Christs example of self-denial -Matthew 11:24
2. Remember who is Savior -Do you try to save yourself or rely on God -Matthew 11:25
3. Dismiss the worlds charms -Do you love God over earthly things -Matthew 11:26
4. Grow the Fruit of the Spirit -Do you pursue Godly character and service -Matthew 11:27
5. Trust that Jesus is enough -Do you rest in the fact the Christ is everything -2 Peter 1:3
It always amazes me when I open the Bible and read verses and chapters I have read several times. Something new always seems to strike me and I ask how I could have missed it before. I believe we go through seasons ourselves and as we grow older and wiser we seem to hold onto words more in our minds. When we read something it might not be relevant at the time and our mind skims over it and then we read it again maybe a few years later and it stands out as if we've never read it before. That is one reason I have began to add studies through the Bible along with each blog and hope you have found time to join me and see what new things jump off the pages that you may have missed before and now are seeing. It's a great time to allow the Lord to speak to you and show you new things you can add to your life. Today we will continue our study with 1 Corinthians 7:17-40
1 Corinthians 7:17-40- https://www.docdroid.net/JNHzOiq/1-corinthians-study-10-docx
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and if you'd like take a few more minutes to look around or click on my other links, God bless.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage https://www.connectwithgoddaily.com/ or join any of our media, and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, email@example.com or our FaceBook page.