Getting and staying fit can be a challenge. For many of us, it's hard just to get up off the couch. So what's the secret of the people who have managed to make exercise a way of life? Be Consistent; Follow an Effective Exercise Routine, Set Realistic Goals, Make Your Plan Fit Your Life, Be Happy, Watch the Clock, Get Inspired, Be Patient
So why exercise? I will give you 20 reasons.
1. It boosts energy 8. Builds self-esteem 15. Helps blood pressure
2. It reduces stress 9. Improves circulation 16. Helps weight loss
3. It improves balance 10. Sharpens memory 17. Boosts your mood
4. It reduces fatigue 11. Improves eating habits 18. May lengthen lifespan
5. It improves posture 12. Strengthens bones 19. Creates positive attitude
6. Alleviates anxiety 13. Strengthens heart 20. Lowers risk of heart disease
7. It improves sleep 14. Helps prevent back pain
And let’s not forget the excuses for not exercising. I’m too tired, I don’t have time, my kids get in the way, I’m too old, I’ve tried before and it didn’t work, I don’t like gyms, the exercises are too hard, my body can’t bend like that anymore…..and the list can go on.
Yes some of these excuses are understandable because like most of you I don’t like to work out much either. That is why I am giving you some simple, easy exercises you can do at home while watching TV, or sitting around the living room. Exercise can be fun if we just try small simple things to keep our health well balanced. Remember, go easy on yourself. Do you feel bad about your body? Instead of being your own worst critic, try a new way of thinking about your body. No matter what your weight, age, or fitness level, there are others like you with the same goal of exercising more. Let's give these simple exercises a try for now.
1. Sit to stand: Go from sitting to standing to sitting again, 10 times in a row. Rest for a minute, then repeat. Works the quadriceps in the front of the thigh and gluteus muscles in the buttocks, which helps increase your ability to get up from a chair, out of a car, or off a bathroom seat. (good one to do, when watching TV)
2. Let’s get some walking in. Today walk to the end of your driveway and back 2x briskly. Maybe even to the mailbox!
3. Let’s try a sitting exercise we can do while at a table or even while sitting in the evening. Stretch your arms out then touch your shoulders, counting to 16 and repeating the motion with each count. Simple yet effective.
4. Arm Circles: Hold your arms straight out to the sides with palms facing up. Circle forward 10 times, then backward 10 times. Flip your palms so they face the floor and repeat the sequence.
So enough of the excuses, let’s get off our couches and start exercising with some simple and fun exercises. Remember exercise is good for you. Whether it is a structured exercise program or just part of your daily routine, all exercise adds to a healthier heart, and body.
If you haven't already please subscribe to our email list on our homepage and please feel free to visit us on Facebook and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/dailyblessingblog/
Also come visit and see what is new in our bookstore. dswells.weebly.com
Don't forget to share with your friends some inspiration today and brighten up their day too.
For those new to our emails, if you would rather receive these via text or on messenger please let me know through my email, email@example.com or our FaceBook page.
I also have family blogs and lifestyle blogs I post a couple of times a month if you would rather just receive those, just drop me a quick note.